Zubax Myxa is a high-end PMSM FOC motor controller (FOC ESC) for light unmanned aircraft and watercraft.
Myxa is designed for use in propulsion systems of light unmanned aerial, underwater, and surface vehicles. The controller provides up to 850 W of continuous power output and supports a wide range of operating voltages from 12 to 51 V (LiIon 4–12 S).
Note that Myxa ships without cables. Please add the necessary cable set to your order manually.
Myxa A vs Myxa B
Myxa A is optimized for cost-sensitive systems, whereas Myxa B targets mission-critical applications.
|Feature||Myxa A||Myxa B|
|Number of CAN bus interfaces||1 (non-redundant)||2 (doubly redundant)|
|BEC power output||N/A||5 V, 0.25 A (can be disabled)|
|Mass||26 g||27 g|
|Dimensions||55✕35✕19 mm||55✕35✕20 mm|
The following enclosure options are available. Regardless of the chosen enclosure option, all versions of Myxa are conformal-coated, which provides resilience against moisture, aggressive chemicals, corrosion, and abrasion. See the pictures for details.
- Bare board (variant 0) - just the conformal-coated board-level Myxa PCB. Ideal for deeply embedded applications where size and weight are critical and the environment is well-controlled.
- Polyolefin envelope (variant 1) - this transparent polymer envelope offers insulation and some protection against abrasion.
- Aluminum enclosure (with an embedded heat sink, variant 2) - this option should be chosen for high-power applications, or where the device is expected to operate in a high-temperature environment with reduced convection. The aluminum enclosure provides excellent protection against mechanical damage and improved heat dissipation. The mass of the aluminum enclosure is 29 grams.
- Propeller and fan drives for light unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Pump and propeller drives for unmanned watercraft.
- Fuel pump drives for jet engines and gas turbines.
- CMG drives for LEO spacecraft.
- CAN bus
- RC PWM
Zubax Myxa is compatible with the open Dronecode Autopilot Connector Standard.