Babel-Babel is connected to the PC with a single USB cable as it contains a built-in USB hub. It provides the following interfaces for connecting to the device under development:
- CAN 1 (standard UCANPHY Micro connector)
- CAN 2 (ditto)
- SWD and UART (Dronecode Debug connector, medium, aka DCD-M)
- USB (regular USB 2.0 type A connector)
Along with that, all these interfaces are routed to additional PLS connectors (regular 0.1' single-row pin headers). These connectors may be used for production testing purposes as shown on the image.
Babel-Babel helps firmware developers keep the table clean and unobstructed, as it replaces four USB cables and three different devices with one compact box.
This is an open-hardware product; please find the sources and detailed technical documentation on GitHub at github.com/Zubax/Babel-Babel.
The cable set (if selected) includes the following items:
- DCD-Mini standard debug cable, 1 pcs
- UCANPHY Micro standard patch cable, 2 pcs
- Micro USB cable, 1 pcs