Zubax EPM is available for pre-order only. The estimated shipping date is late September/early October.
Zubax EPM is an electro-permanent magnet designed for aerospace and robotic applications. It combines the advantages of electro- and permanent magnets by being able to switch between the on-state and off-state on demand (like an electromagnet); while consuming zero power in either state (like a permanent magnet). The device supports the following communication interfaces:
- Cyphal/CAN FD control with diagnostic telemetry;
- RCPWM control input;
- voltage level control input;
Three types of EPM are available:
- EPM401M - optimized for cost-sensitive applications.
- EPM401MA - nearly a drop-in replacement for OpenGrab EPM v3.
- EPM402M - optimized for mission-critical applications.
|Mass||70 g||70 g||70 g|
|Dimensions||40✕40✕30 mm||40✕40✕30 mm||40✕40✕30 mm|
|Cyphal/CAN iface||1 (non-redundant)||1 (non-redundant)||2 (doubly redundant)|
- Payload attachment in aerial vehicles.
- Workholding in CNC machines, manipulators, and robots.
- Magnetic locks, clamps, and holders.